By paying the entry fee and entering the zoo, you accept the following rules:
1. It is not allowed to feed the animals! Our animals get sufficient food and they receive a specifically composed food. In
some animal species, feeding is allowed using the food provided by the zoo. Please observe the posted feeding rules. It
is not allowed to bring your own animal food.
2. Don‘t leave the visitor paths and observe the demarcations. Exempt are the open lawn areas in the park. Climbing barriers
is dangerous for both animals and humans and therefore strictly prohibited.
3. Observe the usual hygiene rules: hand washing after contact with animals and wearing a protective mask where required
(see corresponding information signs). Out of consideration for all other visitors, please leave the sanitary facilities
in the condition in which you found them.
4. Animals need their breaks, too. Please don‘t try to obtain the animals‘ attention by shouting, knocking on glas or something
5. Children 14 years and younger are only allowed in the zoo unter supervision of an adult. Supervision includes watching
the children and staying close to allow imidiate intervention in any dangerous situation. Parents are liable for their
6. Your dogs are welcome. Please keep them on a short leash and make sure to stay out of buildings, enclosures and playgrounds with a „dogs not allowed“ sign. You may obtain bags for your dogs‘ droppings at the zoo entrance free of charge.
7. The use of bicycles, scooters, trainer bikes, roller skates, in-line skates, skateboards, or the like is not allowed for your
own safety. Playing with frisbees, balloons or balls is also not allowed.
8. Please use the provided rubbish bins and help us keep our zoo clean.
9. Riding occurs at one‘s own risk! All animals can startle. Therefore, please keep your distance, follow the zoo employees
instructions and avoid unnecessary noise!
10. Please use all the zoo playgrounds and games with care. Please inform a zoo employee about any damages immediatly.
The nets below the adventure bridge are safety nets. It is forbidden to jump into these nets!
11. For your own safety, it is not allowed to wear helmets or jackets with ties around the neck on any playground.
12. Filming and taking photographs is welcomed. However, please be considerate of other visitors - not everyone wants to
be photographed. For commercial shots, permission of the zoo management is necessary.
13. All instructions of the zoo employees must be followed! Violations can result in a removal from the zoo within the meaning
of domestic authority. In case of deliberate or careless ignorance of the aforesaid rules, the visitor is liable for
any damage regarding the zoo (Naturschutz-Tierpark Görlitz e.V.), a third party or himself as a result of his ignorance!
Zoo Görlitz wishes all visitors a pleasant stay.